Monday, March 5, 2012

The weather here is always hoooot


3/5/2012
Familia!
The weather here is always hoooot, this week was extremely hot. They say February is the hottest month but so far March has been worse. Everyone starts school in March so some of our appointments fell through so we were walking around a lot I think that is possibly why it has been hotter then usual. But despite appointments falling through we have 2 people set for baptism. Hermana Diana Cahuano, she is 9 years old and attends church regularly along with sharing the gospel with her friends. Such a cute little girl, we have been teaching her mom as well but she is not married to her partner and that process could take a long time. Diana is such a dedicated young girl and she is set for this Saturday to be baptized. You might remember we had an investigator pass away in January, he and Hna Marsibeth were waiting for their papers to get married and then baptized. Hna Marsibeth is now ready to continue on and be baptized. It was a little hard at first, she was a little nervous about committing to baptism but then Saturday she said how the church was the only one that her "spouse" accepted. We talked about how in the temple her spouse can be baptized as well; the gospel brings so much hope in what would normally be such a sad time. Hna Marsibeth is set for 17 of March.

We have two other people who have a goal of 17 of March. One is a man who has been assisting with his girlfriend for at least a year and the other is a brother of a member. Pray for them! It is such a big change to be a member they need all the love and support people can provide.
Lets see other then that we had a zone conference, my companion and I played the daughters of president and sister Blunck :) haha it was a long day of sitting but it is great to work on perfecting our teaching, becoming better missionaries.

The choice of transportation in the area is moto taxi; I need to take a picture for you all because these little things are all the rage here. They have two models here and the people deck them out pretty good. Most of them have an incredible sound system and some even have techno lights inside in one model it's more of the sporty version and usually has "FOX racing stickers" the other is a little more nice and it usually has "bilbong" stickers along those lines. I will work on getting that picture but I was thinking about how I am surrounded by these things everyday and I have never mentioned them.

Happy Birthday to Brianna!!!! How old are you now??

That is so awful about brother Zollinger. His family is definitely in my prayers.

I received a bunch of letters thank you soo much they are so great to have.

Dad, genealogy work with you… Wow! Sounds like you two are just having so much fun.
How was the first day as office of Dr Boyer??

People ask stupid questions about Mormons here too… like, do you dance?? They think we don't dance and pray to Joseph smith. haha. Send me a Mitt Romney shirt ;)

Glad you like the pictures from Fatima.. She is really awesome with helping in the missionary work and buying me Dr Pepper.

I want to hear about everything and anything, it's a nice distraction to hear about the ward your life, what everyone is up to, the adventures that I am not a part of. I want to hear what is going on in the country whatever.

I love you all.
Con amor
Hna Boyer

PS. We painted a house for our day of service last week… Sorry, lame, only have this picture but at least I remembered my camera. It’s the house of a family in our zone leader’s ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another