Tuesday, April 24, 2012

...he is even reading the Book of Mormon


4/24/2012
Familia!
Wow! What a week. Wendy and Jeff were baptized Saturday! They are such great kids. We had lunch with their family before the baptism, and then we all went to the church together. Afterwards we taught their mom and she is set to be baptized 12 of May! Pray for her, her spouse is very supportive and he is even reading the Book of Mormon but he needs a little time I guess is the best way to put it.

Today we went to the Temple! It is so awesome that we get to attend every once and a while. I love seeing all the senior couples from the states there, major props to the senior couples that go on missions not knowing the language.

I got your package like two weeks ago sorry for not saying last week, we usually get our mail after we write so it feels like its been ages since I got it. I shared those delicious cookies with my zone. They don't sell soft cookies here, it was heavenly to eat one and they went fast.

Karen’s shower looked so great! No surprise that it turned out well Hyer/Boyer combo always turns out great.

Something different here then in the states is that poor people live in the hills not the other way around, we have a family that lives at the very top of this hill! It is a killer to climb but I love it because it has a gorgeous view. Minus the dogs that bite people, thankfully I haven't had that happen because my companion is a dog whisperer, haha. They feel like life is pretty bad for them because they live in the hills, I told them that in the states the hills are where everyone wants to live.

Sunday me and my companion were talking with the bishop and we decided that we wanted to go visit this family in the night. When we arrived it was obvious that the wife, who is a member, was struggling with something. The husband was saying how everything was fine they just had some decisions to make. Our mission leader decided to share a story hoping that through his story the husband would talk, still no, for some reason I felt that I needed to remind him of his first time that he felt the need to repent and be baptized. I told him everything that I remembered from the experience down to that he gave me and my companion an apple; I shared how his spouse was so incredibly happy! I continued to talk about how he was attending and their family was happy, and then he stopped attending and she stopped attending and the lessons weren't consistent. All of a sudden she said to me, “I want to attend church Sundays, that is what we are trying to figure out as partners”, she said how she noticed the difference that having stopped attending and so forth their life was miserable. Break through! He opened right up after that and expressed how he knew he needed to repent and do the things he was supposed to, he accepted to be baptized and we are continuing to work with him again to be baptized, they have some things that we are waiting for before be can be baptized, pray for our investigators please.

Enjoying nature!
Missionary Gold
 Pictures from her Mission President's Wife
Laura is next to the baby in yellow...at a mission FHE
 Missionary tan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another