Familias!
Wow this week was crazzy! Dengue is in full swing here and our area has a
lot of poverty so that means they aren't able to buy the things they need to
keep from getting dengue and the area that they live in is not well maintained.
Really the products don´t work well hence my desperate plea for bug repellent.
Dengue is in full swing until after the rain season which I think the bishop
said is till pretty much march. It´s a huge problem here that kills a lot of
people here in Pucallpa. And of course our investigator Hermana Nara came down
with the symptoms Sunday, we went to visit them Monday and she could not get out
of bed she was in so much pain. We said a prayer with her and felt the need for
her to go to la posta, she was admitted for dengue and they said she would
probably be there for one week! Aaah. Panic. mode. She is supposed to be getting
married! Don´t they understand she has to be out of here by Friday. haha.
Thankfully She was able to get the attention when she needed to and was able to
leave Wednesday. Nara and Julio were married, baptized and confirmed, I am soo
happy for them! It is such a special experience to be apart of these changes
that they are making in their lives.
On another note..
I never realized how many kinds of mango's there are, you eat them like
apples here. The other day an investigator gave us mango's, they were incredibly
delish, and they didn't have that annoying pulp- those are my favorite
kind (don´t remember the name). On another occasion their was an old man trying
to pick the mango's from his tree he was struggling a little bit so I picked some
for him, of course he gave me all of them that he and I had picked, this type of
mango was different it had a lot of pulp didn't like that too much. Soo like
apples their are different types of mango's. Just a little random tidbit for
ya.
I loove you all sooo much and hope you know how happy I am to see letters
from everyone of you. I love seeing how you all are and getting the scoop on
life. Keep me in your prayers and of course I hope you know that I am always
thinking about you all.
Love your Hermana Boyer
No comments:
Post a Comment
Love One Another