Monday, November 12, 2012

I feel humbled and extremely grateful


11/12/2012

Familia!

Well this week seems like it went by really fast. It was a really busy week that required lots and lots of faith. Faith is extremely important in missionary work. Yesterday I felt like everything exploded. The people didn’t show up that we wanted to and others didn’t pass their interviews and I just sat their thinking what could I have done better Heavenly Father. I really felt the trial of my faith this week. Read Ether 12. I feel like this week as well will be a week of trying my faith, it’s a necessary part in all of our lives, it really makes you think about what you are doing, or not doing, what you can do better, your need to always pray for the Lords help. Don’t think that I am sad family because really in the end of the day we were able to see the miracles that God has for us. I feel humbled and extremely grateful for my Heavenly Father. He loves us, he will always bless us and he knows the experiences that we need to have here on earth so that we can become like Him.

 

The people here also eat armadillo, still haven’t eaten anything weird yet, but I told a member yesterday that I wanted to eat something weird, he says he will prepare alligator next Sunday, I will report back to you if that happens. So I am sorry if I am repeating things but here in Pucallpa, really in all of Peru the culture is so awesome. It’s so colorful and interesting. They have this tribe here in Pucallpa, the women wear these bright colored shirts with a sarong kind of thing like they have in Hawaii and the sarong has these lines that supposedly mean something in their tribe, yes I need to learn more about them but I am just trying to fill you in on interesting things here, you can all look up tribes in Pucallpa on the internet and find out all about it I am sure.

 

The baptism of Hermano Esteban is planned for this week. We are so excited for him, he is incredible. Pray for the people here, for my companion and I. Keep sending me your words of wisdom. love, and jokes.

Love your Hermana Boyer

 

I looove you all soooo muuuuch familia!
I got to spend the day with Hermana Lubomirsky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another