2/11/2013
Familia!
Wow
this week went by fast!
So
yesterday was the ultimate day of carnival in the jungle... Yes it was a world
of sin and loud music. They throw water balloons at people and motokaristas, it’s
entertaining the whole water balloons with color and stuff but the sad part is
it always has to do with an extreme amount of drinking. Every street has a palm
tree decorated with baskets and random confetti type stuff in the center of the
street, I asked what it means. They don’t know.
One person told me that it has to do with good luck and fortune or
something like that. At around 530pm they begin dancing around the palm tree
with masks and its like a piñata their goal is to knock down the palm tree but
instead of a little piñata they are knocking down a giant palm tree, so when it
falls down it is usually kind of a horrifying site… because if it falls on someone’s
house it will destroy it! Sadly I have no pictures of this grand event but I am
sure you can find it on youtube or something.
President
and Hermana Blunck were here visiting and they took just the Hermana’s out to a
special dinner, I ate pasta! yum... How I missed having pasta. Pres. y Hermana
Blunck are so good to us! We had a zone conference the next day and it was way
awesome. Our leaders are so inspired and give us so much direction in our lives
not just as missionaries but so that we can really strengthen our testimonies.
We talked about the doctrine of Christ and how it should be our doctrine as
well. It is sad to see that so many people really don’t know, what the basics
of the teachings of Christ are, we need to strengthen ourselves in these things
everyday, we should have it memorized in our hearts. I hope that when you are
studying the scriptures that you are feasting upon them and learning something
new when you read them…not just reading them to mark them off your check list.
Love your scriptures and apply them in your lives!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Love One Another