Thursday, November 17, 2011

Arrival Part 2

Thursday 11/17/11
I thought I would send that just in case you are on right now. I will have preparation days on Wednesday I believe. It’s funny whenever I tell the Peruvians I am serving in Lima North they all say oooh the jungle! It’s hot there. Haha.

I am trying to think of what else to say, but not much has happened yet because we haven't had classes yet. When we were driving to the CCM last night we saw some street performers juggling fire bowling pins! haha everyone loved it.

I know I won’t have this during the CCM but maybe send me some good locks for my suitcases they have locks on our closets and I was thinking that might be a good idea.

At the airport when we walked out of customs they had soo many people waiting outside you felt like a celebrity when you walked out the door. It was crazy. I am so anxious to have my first lesson with my native companion! I am sure its going to be hard but I am ready to just get this process going.

I talked to the secretary about how far away Patty's family is, and she said they are like 2 hours away by taxi so I don't think I will be able to meet with them, unless they want to come here and hear about the gospel.

The birds hear sound so beautiful! I can hear one outside of the door right now. It feels great here it's like a cross between Hawaii and California. We have a lot of studying time that we get to spend outside if we would like. I look forward to sitting on the benches outside to read.

Our mission president challenged us to read the Book of Mormon before we leave along with the New Testament. We are really the examples here for the native missionaries. The president said that most of the missionaries here have not read it; because reading is not some thing they do here. They want us to do it and it will help encourage the natives to read as well.

They purify the water here btw! That is comforting to have since I loove my water. The only thing that isn't purified is the hose.

The American companions that I have are going to serve in Trujillo they are Hermaña Doxey and Hermana Bond. They are great Sisters and Hermana Doxey speaks some Spanish, so she helps me when I am trying to speak with my native companion.

I am mainly just emailing you to let you know I made it safe and sound, no problems getting through the airport. I can’t wait for the Spanish to start picking up more.
I am off to take my nap!
Love always, Hermana Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another