Saturday, December 24, 2011

Feliz Navidad

12/24/2011

Familia!
Merry Christmas!!!
I can’t believe I will be out in the field next week, in some ways time has been flying by here. I want to try and give you an update of my week soo here it goes.

After I wrote you last week we went to the temple and it was the most amazing experience, I got to sit next to Hna Taggart in the celestial and we just talked about life, I love getting to do that in the temple. We took some pictures outside the temple and went to this Mormon store, I purchased this awesome picture that I am going to try and send home so you can put it on the fridge, let me tell you it is a unique work of art. Then, we went to Tottuss, my teacher from the first three weeks here went to a special store and got me Dr Pepper!! How lucky am I?  Me, Hna Taggart, Bond and Doxey drank that up right away along with some yummy empanadas and ice cream. We ate lots of junk food and just lived the day up. On my birthday my Latina companion wrote me the funniest notes and they decorated my closet door with birthday stuff, I am really blessed to have a funny companion. They sang happy birthday to me in English and Spanish. In class I had masterpieces on the white board waiting for me from the teachers! It was the cutest thing, I had two different works of art one in the morning and then in the afternoon, they also gave me scriptures that they picked just for including my class. Hna Taggart, Doxey and Bond got me this sweet notebook with Tinkerbell on it, just in case you were wondering that stuff is all the rage even with people my age here in Peru, it’s great. Needless to say I was spoiled on my birthday! I am so grateful to be surrounded by such sweet people here.

Tracting was incredible! We got to talk with this single mother about the gospel and the spirit was so strong, I wish I could know what happens with her, she was ready to hear the gospel, she had this adorable little boy and he came and sat with us for a little bit to hear the message, I think he was like Nora’s age. It is so great to come in contact with families! We walked around this one complex and these little kids were following us everywhere. They wanted us to go to their houses! ha-ha the parents didn’t want us though hah. This little girl around Heidi’s age was wearing Hannah Montana pants and I had her sing me a song from the show! It was so great the kids are the best to see here. I love it. I am so glad I get this experience of tracting before I go into the field; I wish everyone could do this; it is such a powerful experience.

Sunday night- The earthquake!! I don’t know if you heard about it but yes we had a giant one in the night, our at least it felt like it. I got motion sickness from it! My companion was freaked out (Hna Gutierrez) she screamed and jumped off the bed.. We joked about that for a couple of days, I heard it was a 4.- something, so it was decent but no damage, especially at the CCM but the sound was supppper creepy and it lasted for about a minute or so!

Monday we had an awesome lighting ceremony part two. The Cavanaugh’s really want us to have a good time here, they put up more lights and then they had the senior couples come over and sing to us, they also gave us homemade cookies which were to die for! Wow I miss sweets. We joined in with the singing and had so much fun taking pictures and getting excited for Christmas.

Yesterday we had in-field orientation! Wow it was a loong day of sitting! I guess that means I am going out in the field. Ready or not here I come :) haha. I am so excited and anxious! Please pray for me.

Mom and Dad-
I hope you know that I am thinking about you all the time. I am so grateful that you raised me in the gospel that you helped me to gain a testimony, to put my trust in the Lord when I was having hard times so that my faith in the atonement and our Savior Jesus Christ could grow, it has made me the person I am today. Hard times may come but I have faith, move forward, and the Lord helps me! I hope you remember that, because a lot of times in my life I know that has been so important for me. I am so glad we have had such great traditions in the Christmas season, I will always remember ding dong ditching for 12 days of Christmas, Mom I know you put in a lot of work and it stressed you out and we weren’t always super kids and so we would fight and I know you just wanted to stop doing it but the fact that you kept going and continued to encourage us to serve others really blessed our lives. I want to serve the Lord because of the example that you set of serving others. The meals you delivered not expecting to receive anything back, the dedication in your callings, encouraging us to do Meals on Wheels, those and many more things have meant a lot to me.

Dad I am always so grateful for your comforting advice and your way of helping me solve my problems, I am so proud to have a dad who worthily served a mission, now more then ever that is such a precious and rare thing. I know this elder here that is from Neuquén... I think about you all the time and your silly accent because you served there! haha.

I hope you all read the story of Christ birth this Christmas found in Luke 2:7-11 Remember Christ and all that he so willingly did for us, I love you all and hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Con Amor
Hermana Boyer







No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another