Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tree lighting

12/7/11

Hola!
So much to talk about so little time.
Today we get to go on a field trip into the city! I hear where we are going is incredible and and I can't wait to explore. My Latina companion is gone and I am now considered advanced in the CCM. We get new companions today and thankfully I get to have a Latina companion again.. Sometimes they don't have enough for all of us.
This week has been eventful just like all the rest. We had a Christmas lighting ceremony with yummy cake and hot chocolate it was the cutest thing, they had music and everything! They really try and make things festive for us, and I love that because when you are stuck in a compound all day you need some fun. Speaking of Christmas President Cavanough is trying to figure out a way so that we can Skype with our families. They are looking into it, I will let you know if it can happen when they tell us.
Did you watch the Christmas devotional on Sunday? We did! It was so wonderful to hear our Prophets voice and his reminder for us to always have the spirit of Christ with us. The Hermana's love to sing here and we sing Christmas songs all the time. Thankfully a few have seen Muppet Christmas carol and we sing some of those great songs in addition to quoting the movie.
Tracting on Saturday was amazing! It was great to actually get out there and be a real missionary, I was able to share my testimony and it was neat to speak with real people not teachers :) Sunday I gave a talk in Church. All in Spanish! I also taught a lesson with my companion all in Spanish.. Its amazing how it all works, I prepare myself and the Lord brings it all together.
Being on a mission is a really incredible experience! I have grown so much and I see the scriptures in such a new light it's beautiful. I just finished a challenge my CCM president gave us in reading the book of Mormon in 3 weeks and the insight that I have from doing so is incredible. I hope that you all are reading the Book of Mormon regularly, I know that it will bring a new understanding of Christ into your life.
Love you familia!
Con Amor
Hermana Boyer
 Service in the Lima Peru Temple
 Lima Peru Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
 Yummy cake and Hot chocolate
 Tree Lighting for Christmas
My companion Hermana Riveros on our last day together

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another