Monday, May 21, 2012

It gets cold and it will get even colder!


5/21/2012

Crazy week!!
Wow. Monday was really fun! We went to Lima Central and explored a creepy museum about torturing people, you may have heard of it, Museo del Cengreso y de la Inquisicion and shopped, I bough a scarf because right now in Lima it is cooold. What the? The people here lied to me about how cold it gets, now they tell me it gets cold and it will get even colder! If I am here through the next cambio I think I might need a coat, ya, it gets cold like California but supposedly (what they tell me) it doesn't rain like crazy here.

Monday night we got a call from the offices that we needed to pick up a future missionary. So our night plans were changed up a little bit and we ran to the offices. Hna Silva is preparing to leave for the mission Neuquen Argentina. She has been a member for 1 year and 5 months! She is from the Selva. The jungle is only branches so the president of the mission is responsible for the missionaries that are leaving from the Selva. It's fun to have new missionaries because it reminds me when I was first a missionary, not like I have been out for a long time, but I kind of have been haha.

Hna Josefa and Nicole her granddaughter were baptized yesterday! Woohoo. Wow another of those investigators that was just so ready to be baptized just needed to receive their testimony of the restored gospel. They are such sweet people. Hna Josefa is like my grandma, she always has treats for us and she gives the best hugs haha.

Yesterday Hno Alejandro blessed the sacrament for the first time! aaah. Wow it is such an exciting feeling to see recent converts progressing in the gospel. This week one of our investigators that we have been struggling to find their partida went to his little village because of an emergency in his family. We are praying soo much that he will be able to find his partida so he can get married and baptized and be an eternal family!!

Story of the week... My watch was off like 15 minutes last night... 15 mins late. The members are always really concerned that we are keeping the rules, when we were contacting this couple told Hna Silva that we needed to start going back to our house, I looked at my watch and we were doing fine with time. Wrong. Got back and my companion was all worried, a couple members were worried oh and the President of the mission had called 3 times, yaaa haha. Thankfully nothing bad happened but I am pretty sure those members think I am a bad missionary. Good times hah. Moral of the story, make sure your watch has not malfunctioned and is 15 mins late. (Oh and the president was calling for Hna Silva not because we were late or a member called or anything.)


The elders in the office said they talked with the sister of Patty. I guess the missionaries can't really do anything right now because Patty’s mom was in intensive care but they said they would check on her later.

Oh! Those shoe insoles I have are sent from heaven! If you could send me those shoe insoles from the walking company I don't think my feet will break off like I thought they did a couple months ago. :)

loove you all! I will try and write something more as it comes to mind.

Okay I was just thinking about something that I think a few of you will think is funny. The cars here all have modified pretty much everything about them. One of the cars in our neighborhood when it starts up plays the song dance the night away(?) by Jennifer Lopez but not a quality version its like a 99cent birthday card version. I was just thinking about that cuz I heard it while I was getting ready today :) hahaha. Oh the memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another