Monday, May 28, 2012

I am now working hard to help people get married.


5/28/12
Familia!!
Haha wow I couldn't help but read a little bit from Chandler and mom before I begin to write, seriously made me soo happy! Thank you all sooo much for writing :)

This week was kind of bummer as far as missionary numbers go but still really interesting and exciting. We invited a man who is 80 years old and catholic to be baptized and he accepted! He has been attending church with one of the awesome members in the ward Comas 1 and his wife is a recent convert. He has really changed in the time that we have known him and we are hoping for the best as far as continuing with his commitment to be baptized.

Hno Romelio cam back to Comas with his partida (birth cert.)!!! Aaah wow I can't describe how emotional I feel about that. We are hoping to get them married in a short amount of time because they have just had way to many challenges to get married to wait any longer. I don't know if that sentence made sense but just know it has been really hard. Thankfully the members pulled off a great fundraiser Saturday and we should be going to the municipalidad de Comas this week to set a date!

I understand more about marriage and I am now working hard to help people get married. Of course it's different when they are living together and have children but the truth is everyone has these challenges to overcome as far as couples but the wonderful thing is that the atonement of Jesus Christ doesn't just help us with our sins but also with challenges in marriage. I am pretty sure Alma 7:11-13 is one of those scriptures that describes that just so perfectly, that Jesus Christ not only suffered for our sins but for all the problems that we experience in our lives.

Soo this week we didn't have a baptism but WE DID have a marriage! Andres was married Saturday. The plan is for him to be baptized this coming Saturday, lots of prayers for him!!

Yes I actually took a picture outside of church grounds in my area! Wow.. So rare, we were both really scared to do it.. But in the end I still have my camera :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another