Monday, June 25, 2012

...we are better people for having served the Lord

6/24/12

Familia!
 I am so sorry mother about the not getting my letters business. I have
 no idea why you are not getting them. The places that we have been
 going to for internet lately are a total bomb and I haven't been able
 to print your letters.

 Wow! Crazy about Nana, I hope everyone is doing okay, send my love
 please!

 I have a few letters that I am going to mail to you and I need you to
 send the letters to everyone for me, it costs a lot of money to send
 things here.

* Sadly I don't have pictures for you because I am still waiting to get
 my bag from Lima.
..* I was supposed to get it Friday but that didn't
 work out. I am not going to lie Mom I am really serious about the need
 for those packages, PLEASE send them.

 Well, here in the jungle we are just working really hard to find
 people to teach, the work here is a lot different not really much more
 to say, I was just super happy to have two investigators come to
 church yesterday! haha. I will fill you in on all the weird and
 wonderful happenings here:

 1st. Last Monday I drank from a coconut that one of our investigators
 has in his backyard, he opened it up, naturally with his machete.

2nd I used my raincoat yesterday. It is wonderful because its long and
 covers my mochilla so my scriptures don't get wet.

3rd Keens(shoes) are a dream in the rain and unpaved roads.. I just
 might need you to send me another pair in black.

 4th My flashlight, I don't think I told you this but in Lima we used
 it a lot and here in the jungle it is also useful.

 5th Bug spray and sunscreen are a dream.

 6th I thought I wet my bed the other night, turned out that is was
 just the ceiling had leaked from the rain right on my thigh. We also
 had an alarm put in our house that got wet as well and malfunctioned
 because of the rain, it was shouting fire! fire! for ever until we
 took out the batteries.

 7th Yesterday when we got home their was a bat flying around in our room.

 8th I get sand in my toes everyday! haha, I never thought I would get
 sand in my toes in the mission but I kind of like it.

9th San Juan- 24 of June is the day that everyone remembers John the
 baptist, its another day to party and eat what they call "Juani" to
 remember his head being cut off, hah. yup. It's really good tasting
 but umm anyway its like a tamale but made with rice and they cook it
 in the ground like Kahlua pork in Hawaii.

10th It is a lot like Hawaii here.

President Blunck was here Friday. We had a Zone Conference, as always
 it was great! President and Hermana Blunck are so wonderful and care
 so much about us. They told us how the most important thing is that we
 come away from the mission with our testimonies strengthened in the
 doctrine of Christ and that we are better people for having served the
 Lord. If we let it, the mission can change our lives for the better in
 so many ways.

Oh ya, we also had a Talent Show, we did a sketch about these three
missionaries who got forced in to eating a second lunch. The joke was
that none of them like rice and they were all  taking turns shoving
the rice on each others plates while the Hermana's were in the kitchen.
Love, Hermana Boyer
Goodbye for now Fatima



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another