Monday, July 2, 2012

It's rainy, it's hot, it's beautiful, and I am learning a lot!


7/2/2012
Familia!
Wow this week went by super fast. We are working really hard to find new people here and to help them progress. The people here are Evangelicals, Adventists, or atheists, moto taxistas (haha), or Catholics. But really, very few Catholics. In other words it can be a little difficult to find people who really desire to hear about the gospel sometimes. But we have been really happy to see one family in particular that has made some progress. So far we mostly teach the dad and one of his sons. They have attended church twice! They are the reason why I cried for joy last week in sacrament meeting when I saw that they had made it to church hahaha. We recently are getting to know his wife, she is a little bit timid in hearing about the gospel but miraculously she came to a Noche Misional with us Friday! She still hasn’t come to church but I am hoping that she enjoyed it and we have another visit with them tonight.

Some other funny things about "the jungle" are that the people talk differently, it totally reminds me of Hawaii! They have their own slang here. Instead of "si" they say "di" it is just so funny to me, they have other things that are funny like day care is called "wawa wasi" stuff like that, in Lima people would say "pues" a lot, here, it is "di". Oh and the moto taxis are the rugged version here. Most of the roads aren't paved and so they have to be pretty durable. I seriously need to figure out how to send a video because I am sure you all would get a kick out of it.

Oh ya I forgot to mention I am in the same zona as Hna Gee! So excited to be here with her, I think people are a little nervous about us two being together, truthfully I didn't think President would allow it! haha.

It's rainy, it's hot, it's beautiful, and I am learning a lot! I love you all so much. I am not going to lie when I read the letter from President Blunck about my official release date I cried and got really nervous.. The mission ends one day! aaah. I am going to send you my letters and have you mail them to people in the states because it costs a lot to mail things here.

I looooove you all sooo much!!! Until next week. Don't forget to write me and send photos.

I have my debit card soo if you could put some money in the account that would be awesommmme! Because I am thinking that will be easier for buying shirts, the other things on the list if you could send them to me pleasssseee asap. The money situation here in the jungle is really difficult they have a lot of problems with the cards and what not. Right now I am paying for my companion because her debit card doesn't work and we are waiting for salt lake to send it to Lima and then we have to wait for someone to bring it to Tarapoto. Sooo yaa if you could make sure I have money it would be really helpful so that we aren't dying here... We really don't have many resources here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy for you!!I know you're enjoying your time in the jungle ..you really are a wonderful missionary worker, please never change! :) I miss you my dear sister!!

    ReplyDelete

Love One Another