7/16/2012
Familia!
Wow
another week has come and gone.
I
don´t know if you got my photos last week or if you still aren’t getting my
emails.. Please let me know.. I have a feeling that sometimes you aren’t all
getting my letters.
Soo
Nora got stitches and I have no details on this. Dad went to the doctor tampoco
no se nada! Por faaavor familia. Details. I don’t have time to think anymore
because we write president during the time that we write our family, in Lima you send hand
written and in the jungle you send email, its time consuming sorry. Soo yaa
they say we are in the jungle but really we aren´t Tarapoto is just like Hawaii
except I am pretty sure a lot more animales peligrosos haha, my comp pointed
one out to me yesterday when we were walking, if you touch it your hand will
swell rapidly and then you will get the flu.. Not sure what happens after that
but it can’t be good. I wake up to pigs screeching in the middle of the night
and roosters crowing at like 4 AM.. Truthfully I don’t know what time it is nor
do I want to look at what time it is. Let’s just say ear plugs are heavenly.
Mom
I read your list of things you are sending. Thank you. Other things are like
peanut butter and you know all those goods. I was thinking about maybe you
could send me some biosilk serum because I use that a lot to protect my hair
from the sun damage, it makes a difference. If you could send pens they stink
here, everyone is jealous of the few pens that I have, markers like sharpy
color markers, pictures of Jesus to give to little kids and adults like
postcards, pepto bismal (don´t think I need to explain why I need that),
notecards to give to other sisters and stuff.
Yes
Pres Uchtdorf was in Iquitos
the other month! We were traveling to Tarapoto the same day and were hoping to
run into him at the airport, didn’t happen, but my mission president was with
him giving him the tour of the mission there.
Mili
our 9 year old investigator is the sweetest little thing and continuing to
attend church so she has a goal to be baptized the 28th.
Sunday
in church is always when the miracles happen, I can’t tell you how many times
someone promises that they will come to church and doesn’t come so when someone
actually comes its a great moment. We visited a member who’s children are less
active, they have been members for like 20 years in the church and obviously
the dad is really sad that only he is attending. We talked with his 25 and 26
year old sons, shared the message that they need to come to church but then
they continued to say they have work to do Sundays, at this point I always feel
really heart broken, well next thing you know we are bearing our souls to them
that they are our brothers and we don’t want them to suffer in the day of judgment
because they didn’t do their part in keeping the covenants and commandments
they promised to keep. One of them was in church yesterday with his partner and
the dad said the other son is actively looking for someone to cover for him
Sundays, the father was emotional and excited, I don’t know what will happen
from here because Satan works hard to not let these poor people overcome the
challenges of the world but to be a vessel for the Lord is a powerful thing. I
feel humbled every time an investigator comes to church, completes their
compromisos and follows Jesus Christ’s example, we are doing the work of our
Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I know without a doubt that the spirit is
speaking the words that these lost sheep need to hear, that the work will
progress no importa my imperfections.
I
looove youuu alll soooooo much.
Hna
Boyer
No comments:
Post a Comment
Love One Another