Monday, October 8, 2012

...Our apartment was like jumanji


10/8/2012

Familia,

Wow what a week. So remember how I was telling you all that our apartment was like jumanji… Well our new place is a little bit better but continues to be weird and adventures, First off we were changed to the zone of Pucallpa, what? Yes! We were told Tuesday to pack our bags for el barrio Ucayali Pucallpa, So now we are living next door to a monkey and a goat, Here they eat monkeys and turtles, the husband of our pension said that he is going to make tallarin a dish of bastante pasta and usually chicken and of course rice, but this will be with turtle! He wants to kill the turtle in front of us so that we can really be apart of the process, I feel in some ways that we are more in the jungle because here you find the houses on stilts and boots are absolutely essential.

 

Pucallpa is big city in the jungle (well compared to Tarapoto)  Our area has part or maybe all of the center of Pucallpa and we still have more area that we cover, its a pretty big barrio, We are the first Hermana’s in the barrio, the members seem really nice and excited to have us which is awesome. We haven't really had the opportunity to get to know everyone because we had conference but the few that we know are helping us get around town these past few days.


SO how about conference??! Wow I am so excited for all the young men and young women that have a chance to leave for the mission sooner then they thought, What a blessing. I really loved all the encouragement for everyone to look for opportunities to be a missionary, provide service for others and develop Christ-like attributes,

 

As missionaries we pray everyday for the opportunity to help Gods children, I hope that you can all really take the opportunity everyday to help some one in need, I know the Lord prepares his children and if we act on the spirit we can help them.

 

Well I am getting a little creeped out by this spider jumping around on my computer, love you all pray for us in our new area, its intense but I know the Lord is with us and that we are doing His work, Love you all, Your Hermana, Boyer

 

Please send me the conference talks in English when you all get the Ensign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another