Thursday, January 26, 2012

Help the work move forward

 1/26/2012
Hola!
Yikes, sorry for no letter on Monday. We get to attend the Temple when we serve in Lima and this week was our week, but because our preparation day is on Monday we had to change it.
Anyway! I thought i would share some random things that I like about being here. The Bishop of Libertad and his family are the cutest little family, and for some reason they have decided to call me Barbie.. they call me their doll haha. I am going to take that as a compliment. Also we have the awesome opportunity to teach an investigator at the patriarchs house! The patriarch loves to sing and every time we go there for a lesson he comes up with a new song about sister missionaries. Wonderful. The man we are teaching at the patriarchs house is going to be baptized Saturday! Alehandro is incredible, already so committed to living the gospel. He is determined to never work on Sundays. I am realizing the importance of the members fellow-shipping investigators and recent converts. This helps them adjust so much easier! They don't rely on us for strength but rather someone who will always be there unlike the missionaries who are not with them for very long.

Last week we had interviews with the mission president and had the privilege of tracting with Hermana Blunck! She was excellent at inviting people to hear us speak, she took pictures so you will have to see if she posts them on her blog. They have such strong testimonies and care about us missionaries so much. They also spoke in our stake conference that we had on Sunday. Our stake conference was all about missionary work! It can be hard to get the members involved with missionary work because people think missionaries are the ones to find, teach and so forth but really it's through the members. President Blunck and his wife are converts and President shared his story of conversion was through friends. I hope all of you are doing what you can to help the work move forward :)
Oh by the way people who don't really know us but want our attention call us elders hahaha.



 Posted from President Blunck's blog


2 comments:

  1. Hi--I have enjoyed following your blog. My daughter started the mission in this same area so it has been fun reading about the area. There hasn't been a posting for a little while so I wondered if you were still going to post? I misplaced your email from MM.
    Karla Bowles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems that the blog was listed as having had suspicious activity so I had to come up with new information for the acct. Hopefully all is well now :-)Thanks Karla for staying in touch!

      Delete

Love One Another