1/16/2012
Familia!
Time
is flying by already. So Saturday was super crazy but at the end of the day it
was awesome because a mother and her two daughters were baptized! It was so
cute to hear them all say how they felt so clean and happy after they were baptized.
It was such a special experience to be apart of, I was thinking about my
experience that I had when I was baptized; it’s one of those moments that you
will always remember. Me, Hermana Tayun and Hermana Portugal were running all
over the place trying to find keys for the church building and making sure the
font was all ready to go, it’s kind of hard to do all that stuff when you don’t
have a car and you live on a hill… I am pretty sure my calves are going to be
like Dad’s when I get back, that’s a good and bad thing. The hills here are
incredible!
The
food here is delicious! The people are extremely kind and loving! They always
offer you the best in their house. The other day we visited an investigator and
she gave us MANGO'S from her families mango tree, fresh delicious mango! Another
day this old lady bought us sandwiches, (we’ve only talked to her once before
and she isn’t a member). We also had lunch on top of one of the hills because a
member lives there, I took a picture I will try and upload it.
Today,
we helped our pension move into a new house that is why I didn’t write earlier
today btw, sorry. This afternoon we visited a park in Lima. We wanted to visit the museum, but it
was closed, so instead we walked around the park taking random pictures, it was
great.
We
have 2 more baptisms planned for this month, Hermano Olortegui and Hermano
Alehandro. Please keep them in your prayers, Satan tries hard to destroy people
any way he can. They are both wonderful and so ready to be baptized! Hermano
Olortegui is a divorced father of 4, his children are adorable but a little
hesitant with the church. The other night while he had his pre-interview we
watched the Joseph Smith movie with his kids, and you could feel the spirit so
strongly. When we asked the kids how the
felt, they all had felt the spirit… Aaah wouldn’t that be great if his kids all
were baptized too?!! Pray for them please.
Hermano
Alehandro is already living the life of a member, he is awesome but he just
started a new job and you can tell he is very stressed out from it, please keep
him in your prayers as well. We have some other families that are great but the
common problem here is that no one is married, it's a really long process and
in that time a lot of people get discouraged, constantly pray for the people.
The church is so new here, the strong members have a lot of responsibilities.
I can't believe I am so lucky to be with such kind people. The Spanish is hard but I am able to communicate enough to get out some kind of message (haha). Hermano Olortegui told me that even though I don't think people understand what I am saying, the spirit is strong and he knows that I am testifying the truth. That was reassuring because I definitely feel that people have no idea what I am saying.
Con
Amor! Hermana Boyer
Hermana Boyer on the top of the
Cerro
Bishop Oswaldo, Diana,
Milagros, and Karolin, Hermana Tayun, Hermana Boyer, Hermana Portugal
Hermana Boyer's Zone at the park today.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Love One Another