Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year!


*Laura’s letter this week is fragmented, with no real ending!  Still as always, she keeps us up to date!  The email program may have "timed-out".

1/2/2012
Hola Familia!
What a week. I am so glad I got to talk to you all the other day. Lets see we have 4 people that are getting baptized on the 21 of January, so exciting. I got to ask someone to be baptized and they said yesss and he attended church major plus. People here struggle with church attendance.

I am so glad that you emailed Hermana Taggart’s mom.  Hermana Taggart is a great missionary, I wish we could have been in the same mission.

The area I am serving in is called Libertad and Comas 1 we have two wards that we cover. The people are so incredibly kind to us and feed us really well. We often get snacks and things for later. Our breakfast and lunch is with our pension and it is the ward mission leader, he is this really funny old man. He has a daughter that is my age who is studying to be a nurse and one on a mission, he says me and my companions are his daughters, he is constantly concerned about us.

The names of the people getting baptized are Hermano Olertegui, he is who I got to invite to baptism. He is a single Dad with 4 children; he wants to change so badly. The others are a single mother and her two daughters Diana is the mom and Karolai and Melagros. Please, please pray for them!!! They are such wonderful people.  I don’t think I realized just how much I would care for these people it is unreal. If you have any great little gifts that you could send so I can give them something when they are baptized that would be great, I want to have things that I give to people being baptized and birthday stuff as well.

Oh by the way I am pretty sure the way that holidays are celebrated here is with fireworks. Always.  On New Years Eve we got to have hot chocolate, fruit cake and Pepsi with our next door neighbor who is an elderly woman in our ward. I thought I had escaped fruit cake as well, but they love that stuff too! haha ya it was way fun… thankfully I had ear plugs and had no problem sleeping with all the partying going on. Church was great one of the wards got a new bishop! That is always great because then we can really start fresh and try to get the bishop to be involved with missionary work in the ward.

My companions are Hermana Tayun from Guatemala and Hermana Portugal from Peru. I don’t remember where specifically I will get back to you on that one.

The food is great here it’s usually some chicken with a sauce and rice when we eat with the members. Cereal and egg sandwiches for breakfast and stuff.

 the only "present" we could mail in an envelop to Laura!  A Paper x-mas tree with quotes and family jokes on ornaments.
 The Hermana's at the Lima Peru Temple
 Laura in her "jammies" having New Year's hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love One Another